Showing posts tagged holiday
Celebrating the holiday yesterday, even being in church, I realized I have no clue as to how we went from Jesus’ resurrection to a bunny laying eggs. During my search for an alternative deviled egg recipe on Real Simple this morning, I found a reasonable explanation. You can read it here. Pretty interesting and helpful to make the connection from the religious events to the Hallmark traditions.
On to the good stuff: what to do with those leftover eggs?
Out of everything I saw - cobb salad, breakfast pizza on an English muffin, the standard deviled egg - I thought that Curried Egg Salad Sandwich sounded the most appealing.
Curried Egg Salad Sandwich
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 large leaves Bibb lettuce
- potato chips, for serving
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and let sit for 12 minutes. Rinse the eggs under cold water, peel, and coarsely chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise and curry powder. Fold in the eggs and chives; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Dividing evenly, top each slice of bread with lettuce, then the egg salad. Serve with the chips.
Beth, Jarrod, and I at Artista for New Year’s Eve. Isn’t it cute how we all match (but not in an annoying matchy way)?!
You’ve seen this Herve Leger dress before (click here to see the full head to toe), and you can bet you’re going to see it again, and again….let’s just say at least 3 more times. Traveling might be expensive, but it ensures my clothes get plenty of wear :) (Oh come on, let me justify the dress at least for a second!)
One of these days, I’ll get a shot of the back. It’s open and quite sexy if I do say so myself.