Showing posts tagged Gift Guide
FOLLOW MY GIFT GUIDE ON PINTEREST!
The other day I saw Sol Republic, the company who makes the headphones I love, promoting a giveaway for people who start a holiday wish list board and pin a pair of their headphones. This got me thinking that Pinterest would be a great place to store all of the things I’m considering for my MTM gift guide. So, follow the board here, and then I’ll post the official list with links in two weeks.
I also searched through my previous gift guides to find many of the gifts are timeless. I’ve put a link to the guides right there on the left hand menu on MTM so you can always access it easily. Click and search for some great ideas!
(Photo via JCrew)
My favorite things gift guide for the girls in your life.
My recommendations are the things I wear daily! Plus, the prices are right for gifts.
In this pic, I’m wearing most of my current favorites.
- Claudia Lobao earrings - my hoops are $80. Tweet her @claudialobao to order (they aren’t on her site).
- My makeup by Eve Pearl, Jouer, and Chanel
- Simply Twisted tie die scarves (starting at $52).
- “I am good” travel roll on perfume by Danica Aromatics.
- Mossimo cardigan from Target (sold out online)
- Lululemon pants
- The CLICK bag! I’ve actually loved ditching my big tote and just taking my essentials while holiday shopping.
- Hanky Panky low rise thong ($18). They’re cute and comfortable. You can never have too many.
- Havianas slim sandals in metallic navy ($24).
- Fabulous boy toy will go for best offer via twitter @adrienfield ;)
More pics of these products below!
Claudia Lobao basics start at $45 because she’s having a sale!
Danica Aromatics offers a range of fragrances. I wear “I am good” because I love the floral and jasmine combo. “Love” is a close runner up.
The CLICK bag really appeals to all age groups because it’s so functional and effortless. I’m selling my signature design in two colors for the holidays. Go here for more details to order.
Don’t you sometimes just want your man to tell you what he wants for the holidays/his birthday? We want to buy them clothes, but if we’re actually trying to find a gift THEY LIKE, then we should consider their manly desires (apart from the obvious).
My friend Jimmy heard my cry for help/agony in creating gift guides (it’s harder than you think), so he came up with this VERY THOROUGH list WITH notes to help you to get your holiday shopping in gear (literally).
Big thank you Jimmy!
Timex/JCrew’s Vintage Watch ($150) – many band colors to choose from but you really only need “olive”
8oz Stanley Flask ($20) – perfect for anyone, especially those hunting/fishing early in the morning.
Gerber Torch I Knife w/ Serrated Edge ($43.20) – good knife for everyday use, whether it be cutting that loose string on your blazer, or field dressing a deer.
Surfire G2 ($70) – last flashlight he will ever own.
Dos Carolinas Guayabera (starting at $130) – for the Texan, Mexican wedding shirts made to measure – light, breathable, insanely comfortable and custom made with your choice of fabric and patterns.
Alden Shoe Trees ($30) – shoes should be the biggest investment a man makes in his wardrobe, take care of that investment. (This, by the way, would go well with an actual pair of Alden shoes)
Filson Medium Duffle ($295) – Manly, will last forever, looks better with use.
Cobra Baffler Hybrid Golf Club (~$100) – Forgiving club that will allow him to make longer shots with a softer landing, nothing at this price will improve his game moreGet the 22 degree loft – it can be hit hard like a 3 iron, normal like a 4 iron and soft like a 5 iron.
Marmot Aegis Jacket ($150) – Houston is too hot for a thick rain jacket.
Burberry Single Breasted Raincoat ($895) – Expensive, but a lifetime gift.
AG Jeans – Contemporary, comfortable jeans for guys without the “clubbing” style.
Lucchese Boots – Go with a classic men’s style.
Rigid Wet/Dry Vac ($60) – good for cleaning anything, cars, homes, garages and obviously works for wet messes too.
1L lbs Gorilla Cart ($200) – The modern wheelbarrow.
Dewalt Power Tool Set ($300) – any home owner should have this. Period.
Oregon Scientific Indoor/Outdoor Clock ($60) – Because in the age of modern television, there is no longer a “Local Forecast on the 8s”
Nespresso Essenza C101 Automatic ($200) – best coffee ever, easiest coffee ever.
The Godfather DVD Collection ($50) – note: not Blu-Ray.
How To Make The Perfect Bow
This is a video I did on the set of TMI last year. I show you step by step how to make a bow like the pros. My mom taught me and now I’m passing the secret on to you.
The key to a pretty package is having quality paper and ribbon. Paper is easier to find, but the only ribbon I use for the above bow is C&G (Pattern 800 Satin). At The Container Store or Michael’s it will run you $10-15 a spool, online I found it for $6.
You can stop at the bow, but I like adding fresh or silk flowers to complete the look.
Want more packaging ideas? Click here to see our TMI Wrapathon from last year. It’s actually pretty cute.
(P.S. How happy are we I don’t have extensions anymore?!)
Another beautiful bow that is a little bit easier.
You can do this one with all kids of ribbon. A nice silk ribbon looks pretty as well.
Gifts from me to you!
I’ve been collecting products from my favorite brands for the winners of my New Years contest.
Above you see:
- Go Smile - Touch Ups
- Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Polish
- Philosophy - be somebody lotion
- June Jacobs - Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Mask
- Altru - Incense
- Eve Pearl - Dual Lip Gloss
- A FREE 3 day Blue Print Cleanse
And that’s not even everything!
I’ll announce the contest on Wednesday.
COOL GIFTS FOR ANYONE
- Speck case for a Macbook ($49+)
- Flatscreen Tv (The best for under $1000 and a great bang for your buck from Vizio)
- InCase iphone Car+Wall charger in one (I love this!) $38
- Complete season of Damages (season 1 and 2) and/or Mad Men (Season 1 or 2)
- Comme des Garcon Wallet - $100+
- Kodak ESP 5250 All-in-one Printer - $170 and the ink is the cheapest on the market.
- Wine Aerator $40 for the wine lover. They really do open up a a bottle of red. I’ve seen people bring them to a bar to improve a bottle or even just a glass.
- iTunes custom playlist
- One of Georgina’s favorite books - she has some great suggestions.
- A blog! And not just any blog - a tumblr with a custom URL from GoDaddy.com - because you like talking to your friend and so will everyone else! One of my favorite gifts of all time. Thanks Jules.
- Recipe box - you can do this one project and give to a bunch of people. Compile your favorite recipes and those from family and friends, type them out and print on cards, buy cool boxes and fill with cards. Start with some of my favorites. My mom did this one year and then I’ve done it for friends. Always a hit!
Things you can do together:
Set The Party On Fire - Vintage Lighter Cuff links
I always tell you boys to remember the details before you leave the house. If you’re wearing a French cuff shirt (and not heading to the office) you need to make a statement with your cuff links. This isn’t always easy because there are so many cheesy options available to your undiscerning eyes. And the really good-looking ones usually cost several pretty pennies.
Well, these bad boys seem to meet all of the qualifications: conversation piece, masculine, and affordable.
(Suggestion via Urban Daddy NYC newsletter)
FOR THE GOOD GIRLS AND BOYS
I don’t know much about gadgets, so here are a few things that don’t need a charger:
- PlantLove lipstick ($20)
- Hanky Panky Low Rise Thongs - $36
- Altru candle (Integrity and Harmony are my favorites) $55
- Stila Purrfect Eye Pallets - $45
- Salon Tea Lip Balm - 2 for $11
- Argyle Socks - $14.50
- American Apparel V Neck T in a cool color - $19
- Spek iPhone case
- Molton Brown something
(Not too exciting but I was drawing a blank…)
- Haviana Flip Flops - $24
- Good Earphones - $18-$25 on Overstock
- Mixed CD
- Go Smile Flashlights (portable teeth bleachers, LOVE these) - $10
- Framed childhood picture
GIFT CARDS FOR EVERYONE
- Car Wash Gift Certificate
- Gas Card
- iTunes Gift Card
- Lottery Scratch Off Tickets