Check out Suzy! She just gave birth to a precious little girl about 8 months ago. She looks good! Yoga, y’all, I’m telling you, it’s good stuff.
I used to be able to do this AND enjoy it. Now I’m a little out of practice.
Yoga, once a week, it’s not that hard, so why is it SO HARD to get there….
Parivrtta Hasta Padangusthasana Yoga Pose of the Week!
Also Known As Standing Twist
Pronounced (par-ee-vrit-tah as-tha pod-ang-goosh-TAHS-anna)
How do you do it?
1. Come into Tadasana (Mountain Pose).
2. Lift the right foot up and grab hold of the outer edge with the left hand. Bring the right hand to the hip.
3. Exhale and stretch the leg out and up in front of you.
4. Inhale and draw the navel in and up, opening the chest.
5. Exhale and turn the trunk to the right.
6. Extend the arm and turn the head to look at the hand.
7. Hold the position for 3-5 breaths.
8. Exhale, return to Tadasana (Mountain Pose) and repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens and stretches the legs
- Stretches the hips and spine
- Opens the chest to improve breathing
- Relieves mild back pain
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Improves sense of balance