Without fail, I always messed up cooking rice in a regular pot. UNTIL I found these instructions! I would send you directly to the page, but the way it’s written out there is a little hard to follow so here are the simple steps.
HOW TO COOK BASMATI RICE
- Measure out your rice. 1 cup serves 4 people or me for a week!
- Rinse the rice with water at least 3 times.
- Pour 1.5 cups of water in a pot (thicker the better) for each cup of rice you have in the pot.
- Cover with a tight lid and bring to a boil. Do not lift the lid.
- When the water boils (do not lift the lid to check), reduce heat.
- Simmer for 12-14 minutes then take off heat. DO NOT REMOVE LID.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes covered until you are ready to serve.
- Fluff it up with a fork.
Super simple, works every time for both white and brown basmati rice.
- kelseyadair likes this
- theworldaccordingtoeg likes this
- candlesandair likes this
- waitingtocollide reblogged this from maryrambin
- aprilmayandnowonder likes this
- crc483 likes this
- bohemian-riche likes this
- emilybarton likes this
- lrusso likes this
- recognizingyoursaints likes this
- thedailyfiona likes this
- maryrambin posted this