I always forget how much I LOVE artichokes. Such a healthy food that requires next to nothing in terms of ingredients and only one pot (which you know I love!).
You can either steam, boil, or grill them. It’s not brain surgery, here’s how you do it.
- Boil water with a chopped garlic clove in a steamer*
- Wash chokes, cut off pointy tops and stems.
- Drizzle with EVOO and your favorite seasonings (I do a little herbal blend - fresh chopped herbs are obviously the best). YOU DO NOT NEED SALT!
- Steam for 30 minutes. Flipping the chokes a couple times. To test, just pull off one of the outer leaves and see if the bottom is tender.
- Repeat above but only steam for about 25 minutes.
- Let them cool, cut them in half, scoop out the middle.
- Spray the grill, and then throw ‘em on.
To Boil (not my favorite preparation):
- Put your chokes in a pot with water covering the chokes.
- Add lemon and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil for about 30 minutes.
Couldn’t be any easier. Almost too easy to blog, but I actually did forget about these guys for too long!
You really don’t need a dipping sauce. This is one of those things that is healthy and tastes good on it’s own so BF’s and hubby’s don’t complain :)
I make two so I can have one today and another tomorrow.
- bucknamoaks reblogged this from maryrambin
- esyce likes this
- vigorandcupcakes likes this
- lessthan260 likes this
- nothingbutamileaway likes this
- chocolatecocoaaddict reblogged this from maryrambin and added:
- chocolatecocoaaddict likes this
- adamiss said: remind to give you my grandmother’s recipe - and better than a steamer, a pressure cooker. Happy New Year Mary!
- ramshackleglam likes this
- eatsugarspeaksweetly likes this
- brieflynoted likes this
- maryrambin posted this