POACHING AN EGG FOR BLONDES
I grew up with a mother who didn’t cook at all so even the most basic methods are intimidating to me. For example, I didn’t start roasting until 2 years ago and that’s one of the most foolproof techniques you can use in the kitchen!
On my recent vacation, I ordered my eggs poached because I like them that way AND I don’t know how to poach myself. So I cornered my latest favorite chef, German Mosquera, before my meeting with his GM, to learn just how I could poach my own eggs.
Watch the video of the process.
To do it on your own, you’ll need:
- A gently simmering pot of 1 part vinegar, 3 parts water, with a pinch of salt.
- Eggs cracked in ramekins.
- An ice bath.
- Large spoon.
All you have to do is:
- Crack the egg into the ramekin.
- Lower it into the simmering water.
- Cook 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from the water to serve or place in the ice bath.
I liked getting the personal instruction because it looks a little funky. Now I’m excited to make my own!
- gritstogorges likes this
- findthebrightside likes this
- seven72 likes this
- kateskute likes this
- pammy likes this
- csparksjoost likes this
- bucknamoaks likes this
- ramshackleglam reblogged this from maryrambin and added:
- maryrambin posted this