I’ve always had dreams of a bigger, firm butt and better posture. Along with toned arms and a flat tummy and….the list goes on. But don’t we all have that list?!
Until I met my new trainer Cederick, I never thought an ass, let alone a tight one, was possible. Thankfully I was wrong! My gluts are getting stronger and tighter by the day.
This exercise - a row combined with a squat - is just one of the many that go into his back and butt regimen. It’s one I believe you will enjoy because it works EVERYTHING with an emphasis on the gluts and rear delts. Below is a breakdown of how to do it. It’s easy to execute once you get to the machine.
- Lower the pulley on the weighted column to the ground (you can see the machine in the top picture). Attach the rope handle you would normally use for tricep pulls. Start with light weight (about 2 plates) so you can test out the movement first, then go back and add more if you need it.
- Step back away from the column.
- Spread your feet a little farther than hips distance apart. Take a deep breath and exhale with your core. Stand tall maintaining that firm core.
- Let the weight pull your arms and shoulders forward then rotate your shoulders back.
- Keeping your abs engaged and the weight in your heels, squat down to a 90 degree angle. (I could have gotten lower.)
- Using your rear delts, begin to pull the ropes back keeping your elbows high. Squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Release your arms forward ALL THE WAY so they are fully extended.
- UPDATED INSTRUCTION: Pushing through your heels, stand up tall. Now you’ve completed one rep.
DO 20 REPS.
More from Cederick in the upcoming weeks. It’s hard to get him on video because his schedule is so packed!
You’ll appreciate his philosophy on toning. Like most, he uses light weight and many reps, but then adds in multiple angles that have proven to be very effective.
- mynameisclaudia reblogged this from maryrambin and added:
- ainaaugust likes this
- adamiss likes this
- betterthanihopedfor likes this
- jsunshine likes this
- meganz likes this
- thatgirlallison said:Dear Mary: I don’t know if you’re aware, but you have a flat stomach. You’re very, very thin. If you don’t that and you’re complaining about being fat, please re-think this and how it will make young girls struggling with their own body issues feel.
- maryrambin posted this